Paleo Three Beet Brownie Bites
These already nutrient dense brownie bites are supercharged with even more micronutrients from beet powder to support heart health! The flavor is like a subtle taste of Merlot. Delicious on their own or with some wine! Kiddo approved too!
*High Protein *Low Carb *Paleo *Gluten free *Nut free
Yield: Makes between 36 - 40 bite sized snacks!
2. Fill mini muffin trays sprayed with oil to 80% with the batter.
3. Bake at 325 degrees (vs. 350) for 23-24 minutes. Let sit a 1-2 minutes before removing from tray and placing on cooling rack.
4. For beet icing, mix together 4 Tbsp. melted butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp Dr. Cowan's Garden Three Beet Powder and 1 Tbsp. milk (or nondairy milk). Mix together until smooth and top the brownie bites once they are cooled.
5. Enjoy and then freeze what you don't eat! They thaw in minutes.
Healthy and fun dessert! *high protein *grain free *nutrient-dense
1. Gather: For the brownie base: 2 eggs, ½ cup melted butter (1 stick) or butter substitute (or Nutiva coconut / red palm fruit buttery spread for non-dairy option), 4 tsp. vanilla extract. For the topping: 1 8oz. package of whipped cream cheese (or spreadable goat cheese) blueberries, strawberry slices, banana slices, chocolate sauce (¼ cup chocolate chips and 1 Tbsp. butter)
2. Whisk wet ingredients for brownie base (eggs, butter, vanilla extract)
3. Fold in one bag of Think.Eat.Live. Brownie Mix
4. Pour and spread evenly onto parchment paper covered pizza pan (approx. 12” pan)
5. Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes. (Done when top is firm to the touch)
6. Cool on rack for 30 minutes then top with cream cheese spread and fruit.
7. Melt chocolate chips & butter, stirring until smooth. Drizzle chocolate sauce over the top of the pizza.
8. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Top it however you like!
SunFlour Paleo Chocolate Cake
This you’d-never-know-it’s gluten and grain free cake is great for anyone wanting a high protein, low carb, low glycemic and decadently delicious treat! Try it with our SunFlour Chocolate Frosting for a guilt free experience!
1. Gather: 4 eggs, ½ cup melted butter (1 stick) or butter substitute (or Nutiva coconut / red palm fruit buttery spread for non-dairy option), 4 tsp. vanilla extract
2. Whisk wet ingredients (eggs, butter, vanilla extract)
3. Fold in one bag of Think.Eat.Live. Brownie Mix
4. Pour into 8” diameter cake pan (Finished cake = 1-1.5” thick layer).
5. Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 30-33 minutes. (Done when internal temp is at 200 degrees).
6. Cool on rack and frost with your favorite chocolate icing or frosting (check out our high protein, low glycemic SunFlour frosting recipe). The final cake will be a light and deliciously moist chocolate cake!
7. Wrap and freeze unused servings for later use. Freezes well due to oil content in sunflower seed flour.
To make bite sized brownies, simply use mini muffin trays. Follow the package directions for preparation. Fill oil-sprayed mini muffin wells to 80%. Then bake them at 325 degrees (vs. 350) for 23-24 minutes. Makes between 36 and 40 bite sized snacks! Drizzle melted chocolate chips on top, frost with SunFlour frosting or eat them bare! Freeze what you don't eat. They are delicious that way and they also thaw in minutes.
Chocolate Cookies (Paleo & Vegan)
* Egg Free *Gluten Free * Dairy Free * Nut & Soy Free * Low Glycemic
1 bag Think.Eat.Live. Brownie Mix
4 Tbsps butter (or Nutiva coconut red & palm oil shortening blend)
4 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Soften butter then add vanilla and blend
3. Combine wet & dry ingredients until a big ball forms
4. Chill for 30 minutes in refrigerator
5. For cookie crisps, drop ½ ” scoops of cookie dough onto parchment lined cookie sheet; Press the cookie to the thickness desired using the back of a cup and parchment paper. Yields 20- 24 regular sized cookies (larger cookies are pictured above)
6. Bake for 12-14 minutes (based on how crispy you like them); they should be bubbling
7. Leave on cookie sheet to cool for15 minutes- Enjoy!
Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches (Paleo & Vegan)
1. Follow directions for making Chocolate Cookie Crisps
2. Make the cookies larger (to the size you prefer for your ice cream sandwich. Press the cookie to the thickness desired using the back of a cup and parchment paper.
3. Bake, let cool, freeze the cookies. Stuff with ice cream of your choice (for dairy free, we like coconut ice cream. You can mix nondairy chips in it too. Freeze before eating so it has a chance to set. Enjoy!
1. Follow directions for preparing wet ingredients for brownies but add 2 more eggs (4 eggs total, ½ cup of butter or oil, and 4 tsps of vanilla extract).
2. Mix in 1 bag of Think.Eat.Live. Brownie Mix
3. Follow the rest of the Brownie baking instructions. The final cake will be a light and moist chocolate cake.
4. Frost with your favorite chocolate icing or frosting. Try our SunFlour frosting!
Dan's Caveman Chocolate Frosting (it's Paleo and low glycemic)
1. Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl:
1 cup of coconut palm sugar (put in food processor for 30 seconds to make it a powdered sugar)
½ cup of Think.Eat.Live. SunFlour®
4 Tbsp of natural cocoa powder
2 Tbsp of tapioca starch
2. Add in the wet ingredients:
6 Tbsp of melted butter or palm oil
2 Tsp of vanilla extract
4-6 Tbsp water, milk, or coconut milk
3. Stir until smooth. If the mixture is too firm, add more liquid. If it is too thin, refrigerate briefly and it will firm up nicely--all you have to do is stir before frosting.
Double Chocolate Cherry Brownies
1. Prepare Think.Eat.Live. Brownie Mix in bowl and add in:
½ cup of dark chocolate (Enjoy Life Mega Chunks for dairy free)
½ cup of frozen dark cherries cut in half
2. Follow rest of brownie baking directions
1. Prepare Think.Eat.Live. Brownie Mix in bowl and add in 1 tsp. peppermint extract
2. Follow rest of brownie baking directions on the package