Our mission at Think.Eat.Live. Foods is to revolutionize the way people eat by providing foods they love, made with natural superfoods, to make them healthier and happier. It sounds so simple — being a better, more effective 'you' simply by eating real food — but the reality is, it's a big change in thinking for most of us.
Most people are surprised to learn that avoiding wheat and gluten isn’t the same thing as healthy eating. Most gluten free foods substitute high-carbohydrate flours and starches, plus lots of sugar and fat, in place of wheat and its protein (gluten). This ‘nutrition inversion’ is a perfect storm for weight gain, inflammation, diabetes and heart disease. Although reducing the inflammation caused by wheat is certainly a good thing, eating nutritionally-empty calories keeps your body and mind from functioning their best and can do real damage over the long term.
We have a different way of thinking about gluten free.
We believe that every bite you take should actively nourish your body and mind with healthy nutrients. We carefully consider every ingredient that goes into our products and choose only those that will bring you balanced nutrition and great taste.
- We care about taste - instead of compromising on taste and texture, we deliver you’d-never-know-they’re-gluten-free fresh baked goods that rival the best wheat-based products.
- We care about healthy weight management and sustained energy - instead of empty carbohydrates from rice flours and starches, we deliver high protein and fiber from seed-based flours and ancient grains.
- We care about healthy blood sugar - we never use sugar as the first ingredient and we often use low glycemic sugars like organic coconut palm sugar to help regulate glucose levels and minimize blood sugar spikes.
- We care about nourishing our cells - instead of being ‘nutrition negative’, we deliver positive amounts of 12 to 15 essential vitamins & minerals in every serving.
- We care about hunger satisfaction - instead of constant hunger swings and never feeling satisfied, we deliver a way to start your day right and feel full and energized for hours.
- We care about using natural ingredients - instead of using overly refined, chemically modified or genetically modified anything, we strive to use the best natural ingredients we can find.
We don’t stop at just using the healhiest ingredients. Every Think.Eat.Live. product is consciously designed with the perfect balance of protein, fiber, carbohydrates and healthy fats to sustain your energy and support a healthy lifestyle. Look at our nutritional facts, and you’ll find you get up to 20% of your daily requirements for protein and fiber with every serving. Our goal is to make every bite count by using the best superfood and nutrient rich ingredients possible.
And best of all, our baked goods taste great too! We have been eating gluten free for over a decade, and have had more dry, crumbly, taste-like-cardboard products than we care to remember. We vowed never to offer anything that wasn’t as good (or better!) than the best wheat-based products.
Our family and friends tell us how great our products taste and make them feel. We're committed to providing foods that improve their lives — and hopefully, yours too.
Dan Tegel, Ph.D. & Caryn Staebler, Ph.D.