2 biscotti (approximately 3 oz) provides you with 14-15g of protein, enough for healthy breakfast
- Follow SunPower Bar recipe on the bag to make the dough; you can also use butter instead of sunflower seed butter
- Dust dough with rice flour or other flour to make it easy to handle. Also lightly dust a cutting board for rolling out the dough.
- Roll out dough to about a 2 inch diameter by 8-10” log.
- Transfer log to a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Pat down the log to about a 1” tall by 3-4” wide rectangular loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until the loaf is firm and is a golden brown.
- Cool loaf on cooling rack for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice loaf with serrated knife into about ½ to 1” wide biscotti slices.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes per side at 350 degrees. They should feel hard like a cracker or biscotti.
- Cool on cooling rack 30 minutes.
- Depending on flavor you prefer, add ½ tsp vanilla or orange extract, or both for vanilla cream flavor, to the dough.
- Dip one end of finished biscotti in “dipping chocolate” and cool in freezer for chocolate biscotti.
SunPower® Cookie Recipe
*High Protein *Vegan * Egg Free *Gluten Free * Dairy Free * Nut & Soy Free * Low Glycemic
1 bag SunPower Bar Mix
4 Tbsps. butter (or Nutiva coconut red & palm oil shortening blend)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. non-dairy or dairy milk
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Soften butter then add vanilla & milk; blend
3) Combine wet & dry ingredients until a big ball forms
4) Drop ½-3/4” scoops of cookie dough onto parchment lined cookie sheet, then flatten cookie with oiled spoon. Yield 18 cookies depending on how big you make them
5) Sprinkle sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries on top for added nutrition & appeal
6) Bake for 12 minutes (or longer if you want them crispier).
7) Leave on cookie sheet for 5 minutes then move to cooling rack-- Enjoy!
SunPower Bar Plus
For more protein & fiber yet, you can add 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (or sunflower & pumpkin seeds) and ¼ cup of oats to the Think.Eat.Live SunPower Bar Mix. Form 4 bars instead of 5. This will make a heartier meal size bar with 20g of protein and 7g of fiber.
SunPower Bar Snacks
In specialty kitchen stores (e.g. Williams Sonoma, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc.), you can find mini-scone pans or mini-bar pans with 12 mini-scones or bars per pan. Evenly distribute the SunPower Bar dough into a lightly oiled scone or bar pan. The end result will be a little lighter and smoother mini-SunPower bars. These make great mid-day snacks!